Bengali chicken pakora recipe: Hello friends, if you are a chicken lover then you must love this Indian street food called fried chicken or Chicken pakora Recipe. “Bengali style Chicken pakora” is a crispy snack made by cube-sized chicken pieces. It is very popular in Kolkata a south Asian country like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afganistan, India, etc. Today I am sharing the pure ‘Kolkata style chicken pakoda recipe’ with you.
Ingredients required to make Kolkata Style Chicken Pakora
- Fresh Chicken pieces 400 grams
- salt – as per taste
- red chilli powder 1 tsp
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- 1 ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp grounded all spices powder
- coriander seeds powder ½ tsp
- Cornflour 3 tsp
- All-purpose flour 3 tsp
- Green chilli slice 1 tsp or as per taste
- One egg white
- Cooking oil for deep frying
You may also like these recipes
How to make Bengali Chicken Pakora
- At first, take a medium-size bowl and add chicken pieces into it.
- Wash the chicken pieces very well by freshwater.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala to chicken and mix them well by hand or spoon.
- Add egg white, cornflour, all-purpose flour, sliced green chilli, and one tsp oil and mix them finely.
- You can add food colour if fine red colour is required.
- Now keep this mixture in a freeze for an hour to marinate it.
- How to cook chicken pakora:
- Take a kadhai for deep fry. Now take 2 cups vegetable oil in the kadhai and heating by medium flame.
- Check the heat by adding a small portion from the chicken mixture in the oil. If the heat is enough then add chicken pieces one by one in the kadhai.
- Budge the chicken pieces by cooking spud to fry all side very well.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces up to golden red. If the pieces turned golden red then remove them on a kitchen paper to remove extra oil.
- Your favorite dish is now ready to serve.
- Please shear us your experience by comment after cooking this Bengali style chicken pakora recipe at your home.
Bengali Chicken Pakora Recipe
Bengali style chicken pakora is an amazing and easy recipe. Anybody can make this recipe at home. Seasoning chicken pieces are deep-fried to make this recipe. This Kolkata style chicken pakora is very popular in India and abroad.
Servings: 2 people
- Deep Fryer
- mixing bowl
- 400 grams chicken
- 1½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp coriander seeds powder
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sliced green chili
- 1 egg white
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken pieces into 1-inch cube size then wash with fresh water. Drain water and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the spices, all-purpose flour, cornflour, and egg white. Mix them well with chicken pieces. Keep them aside for quick marination for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium to high heat. Dip a portion of dough in the oil to check the temperature. If it floats without browning then the temperature is perfect.
- Dip chicken pieces in the oil one by one and fry in batches. Stir often to cook all sides properly.
- Cook them until red or browning. Or fry until they cooked through.
- Remove the chicken pakora from the frying pan and keep on a tissue paper or riddle to remove excess oil.
- Enjoy the restaurant style chicken pakora hot with sauces.
To make this recipe perfect please follow these tips.
- Make the chicken and spices mixture thick. If the mixture becomes thin, then the pakora will soften.
- Check the oil is proper heat or not. If the heat of the oil is high then the pakoda will turn red without proper cooking inside them. And if the oil, not enough heat then the pakoda will soft.