Nowadays, broasted chicken is the most popular chicken recipe all over the world. Some people think that broasted chicken and KFC chicken is similar, but it’s not true. There are lots of differences between broasted chicken and KFC chicken. Not only the taste but also differences in the cooking method.
Usually, KFC chicken and regular fried chicken are deep-fried in an open frying pan. But in the case of broasted chicken, it is cooked in a pressure fryer or pressure cooker with high pressure. This chicken recipe is also called broaster chicken recipe because it was invented and marked by Broaster company.
So without losing any time, let’s see how to make broasted chicken recipe at home.
Broasted Chicken Recipe
- Electric or usual pressure cooker
- 2 bowls
- 1 big pot
- 800 grams chicken
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 pieces eggs
How to make Broasted chicken recipe
- In a big size bowl takes chicken pieces. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, black pepper, red chili powder, and curd then blend them well. Keep this chicken in a fridge for the whole night or a minimum of 4 hours to marinate it.
- After marination, take out the chicken pieces from the fridge.
- Beat the eggs in a medium-size bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk them.
- Take another pot, add 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1 cup breadcrumbs them blend them. You may add 1 pinch of food color with it.
- Now take chicken pieces, dip them first in the beaten egg then coated with breadcrumbs and all-purpose flour mixture. You may repeat this two times to make the coating thicker. The more thick coating makes the chicken more crunchy.
- Keep these coated chicken in a fridge for 30 minutes to set the coating perfectly.
- Remove the chicken after set the coating. Shake the chicken pieces to remove the extra dry crust.
How to cook Broaster chicken
- Take an electric or usual pressure cooker, add ½ liter cooking oil and heat it over medium flame. Check the temperature of the cooking oil by food thermometer or by the usual idea.
- If the temperature around 350F then adds chicken pieces one by one. Close the lid of the pressure cooker when all the chicken pieces dipped in the oil.
- Cook the chicken up to 8-10 minutes. Open the lid and check whether they properly cooked or not. If the chicken not cooked yet then cook them until they make crisp.
- Remove them and keep on a tissue paper. Wait for a while to remove extra oil.
- Serve them as a main course or side dish. Please write us your opinion after making this broasted chicken recipe at your home.