How to reheat fried chicken:- We love crispy fried chicken. Sometimes we make it at home and sometimes take it from the restaurant. Most of the time I make it in my kitchen. But what do you do with your leftover fried chicken? I know you store it in the refrigerator. But the next day, it turns soggy and soft. In this situation, most of the time we through this in a dustbin because of the sogginess.
But do you know, you can reheat these fried chicken and could be made them crispy again? If you don’t know the right way to reheat the fried chicken, I am guiding you to do this.
There are 4-5 ways to reheat the fried chicken to make them crispy again. You could warm up the chicken fries in an oven, microwave, air fryer, or on a frying pan. Here I am guiding you to reheat fried chicken in an oven and air fryer.
How to reheat fried chicken in an oven?
An oven is the only cooking equipment, where you can warm up your leftover fried chicken safely. We need 15-20 minutes to warm up soggy and soft chicken fries. Believe me, the texture of the chicken will be like a fresh one. Please follow the steps below to reheat fried chicken in an oven.
- Take out the chicken fries from your refrigerator. Left them for 15-20 minutes to reach room temperature. Put a damp paper towel over the chicken. It will absorb moisture from the chicken pieces.
- Preheat an oven at 375°F. Arrange the chicken pieces on a wire rack. Put the wire rack in the oven. You could place the chicken pieces on a baking tray also. In this case, you need to grease the baking tray with some cooking oil.
- If you want to warm up the fried chicken thigh, bake them for 20-25 minutes or until the outer portion crispy again.
- For the case of chicken breast and wings, you should reheat them for 15-20 minutes. Remember don’t over bake, otherwise they will over dry or burn the outer crust.
Use an Air Fryer
An air fryer is one of the best modern cooking equipment for frying fresh or leftover food. We can fry chicken and any other dishes with a very little amount of cooking oil. We can also fry them without oil. I think it is the best way to reheat fried chicken in an air fryer within a short time.
- Remove the leftover chicken fries from the refrigerator and allow them to reach at room temperature.
- Preheat the air fryer at 375°F for a minute.
- Spray a little amount of cooking oil on the chicken pieces. Use canola oil or any vegetable oil.
- Now open the basket and put the fried chicken on the air fryer tray (basket).
- Set the timer for 4 minutes. After time up, remove the fried chicken from the air fryer and check the crispiness. Now they are super crispy and crunchy.
- Allow them to cool down a little. Now enjoy!
You may also like